Monday, June 9, 2008

And baby makes 5....


We are so exicted to finally be letting our family and friends know that we are expecting! We are due December 21. Not our ideal timing but we feel blessed to be pregnant at all. After last year's miscarriage we are cautiously but joyfully awaiting our Christmas Baby. This morning Ed surprised me at the last minute and came with me to my appointment, which was the most exciting one by far. We had some blood testing and and ultrasound done. During the ultrasound as we were watching our baby the doctor asked me to cough and he/she jumped super high and fast. It was the funniest thing Ed and I had ever seen. I couldn't stop laughing. Our baby then continued to jump on their own without me even moving. It looked like we had a jumping bean for a baby. Their arms and legs were moving continuously. It truly is amazing to realize God's plan and how miraculous it is to create life. It is BEAUTIFUL!

13 comments:

Papa Paradigm said...

Aren't those pictures awesome? I wish you knew if it was a boy or girl.
That is so cool how guys got to meat the president and Laura Bush. What did they look like in person?

Papa Paradigm said...

Do you like how I spelled "meet"?

Donna said...

Wow! Congratulations to you both, now we can have fun planning and sewing and fixing up, you know, all that baby stuff! I love you and can't wait to watch you grow. Love, mom

Lake House said...

Oh Alicia, I am so happy for all of you. That is the best news, and I am so glad everyone is healthy this time! And you got to meet the President and Mrs. Bush? Sydney would be so jealous!:) Take care of yourself and I can't wait for my new little great niece or nephew! Hugs!

Camie said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Plus the blog looks good, of course.

The Barth Family Blog said...

Exciting news!! I'm so happy for you guys! What joys you'll have. :)
Good luck w/ everything.

Holly said...

ALICIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad you have a blog now! I am so excited that you are pregnant! You are gorgeous! I loved your pictures of the White House BBQ and of course the one with the President is great! You have quite the boring life, if you ever want to have SOME excitement come visit me in a little town called Centerville :)

Love you! Keep me posted!

Holly said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Even though December is always a crazy month, it is so cool to be expecting a baby at that time of the year. I am so excited for you guys!

lauralquinton said...

Congrats!! I am so excited you're pregnant!! I'm sorry to hear you miscarried though. That is so difficult. But now there's a baby and I'm so excited!! You'll have to spread the word when you find out what you're having. Congrats to you and Ed!!

ttyl, Laura

~ ThE RiChiNs KrEw ~ said...

YIPEEEEE!!!!!!!! Oh, what joy!
We can't wait to hear all the news and see the progress of this new little one.
Rhonda

Mike and Em said...

YEAH!!!!! I am so excited for you. I am so glad that you are blogging now. It is so good to hear how things are going. I hope that you are feeling well.

Kelley Flint said...

Hey Alicia. Congrats on the great news. I saw your blog off of Camie's. Hope everything is going great.

Big Mama said...

Alicia... you are soooo beautiful!! Congratulations on the pregnancy!! That's so exciting! 5 is a fun number... you're gonna love it!! You guys look great and I'm so glad to see all is well back east!! Hope you're feeling well.