Thursday, October 23, 2008

Long lost cousins




When I was in 7th grade ceramics class I made a jewelery case in the shape of a turtle. I thought I was so original, something that I had dreamed up all on my own! But no, for the last few months I have been walking by a lady's desk that I don't even know but the other day I had to introduce myself and ask her about a ceramic turtle sitting on her countertop to her office cubicle. Apparently, one her children had made it and given it to her. Her desk at work became a better alternative to store it than displaying it at her home. So the other day I pulled out my turtle from my childhood treasure box to bring it in. At last, the turtles met so here they are....


4 comments:

Papa Paradigm said...

What a cute story!

Holly said...

That's cute, Alicia. I miss you! How are you feeling? I hope you are feeling good!! Do you still have my email? I tried calling you the other day but I think I may have the wrong number, it just kept ringin and ringin. Do you mind emailing me your phone number? I would love to catch up with you.

Love,
Hol

Anonymous said...

How funny is that? I can't believe you still had yours. Maybe they can also be co-workers...at least until BB comes!

Mike and Em said...

That is too cute. How are you doing? Are you feeling okay? Are you about ready to pop? I hope that you guys are doing well.