Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcoming Eliza Jane


Eliza Jane Walters was destined to be born December 23, 2008. We had been scheduled to be induced on this date by our doctor and the night before I started having very painful contractions at 3am. By 5:30 am I woke up Ed because the contractions were 5 minutes apart and getting worse. We got to the hospital at 6:45 am and to our surprise I was already dialated to 6 cm. It wasn't long after that little Eliza was born. She came into this world at 9:55 am. We joke that Eliza heard us talking about being induced and decided she didn't want to be forced out so she beat us to it! Our doctor was so surprised that we were so far along when she arrived at the hospital that morning; I think we made her day. By the time she arrived, I was already pushing and just about 10 pushes later Eliza was here. I feel so blessed that her delivery was a successful one, without any problems and we were able to deliver naturaly. It was extrememly painful and intense for the time that it did take for her to arrive but given the choice I wouldn't change our experience. Many times I remember thinking, " I wish I could just have a minute or two break from the contractions to catch my breath." Ed and one nurse named Nell were with me the whole time holding each of my hands and telling me exactly what to do. I couldn't have done it without them.

The moment that she came out is one that I will never forget! I remember looking at her in amazment and thinking, "She is perfect; I cannot believe she is mine!" Ed and I tell her every day how much we love her. She weighed 7 lbs, 11 oz. and was 20 inches long. She was born with a full head of blonde hair. Here are some photos of her in her first 2 weeks of life. We will be sure to share more as she grows!






12 comments:

Papa Paradigm said...

Yeah! She is so precious. I can't wait to see her.

Lake House said...

She is beautiful just like her Mom! And already has something in commom with her cousin Sydney. Syd was 8 days overdue and the morning I was to be induced, she came on her own. Must be that Arvonen blood! Congrats!

BuNksJuNk said...

What a sweet little thing! Congratulations on your precious baby girl!

~ ThE RiChiNs KrEw ~ said...

She is darling. I love the blonde hair; lucky gal! Happy Times!

skbrown said...

She's beautiful Alicia! I've been checking your blog every day to see if she'd popped out. Congratulations!! Love you all, Sandra

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! SHE is beautiful!! AWESOME JOB!!!! I LOVE that you were scheduled to be induced and she decided to make it happen herself...I'm scheduled to be induced tomorrow night (almost a week late!)--hopefully the contractions will get started RIGHT NOW :)

lauralquinton said...

Congrats! She is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Alicia, she is beautiful! You will be such a great mom~I just know it! Congratulations and enjoy all the time you have with her! What a sweet blessing!

Holly said...

WOW!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been in Utah, and I have been out of the computer world for a bit, I am so excited for you guys!!!! Nancy told us the news, but it was so fun to see the pictures tonight!!! What an AWESOME head of hair, by the way!!!

We love you and hope you are feelin' good!!

Hol

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

Oh Alicia, she is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! Enjoy every moment, Motherhood is the greatest!

Mike and Em said...

Oh my goodness, she is a doll. I love, love, love the blonde hair. Congrats! We are so excited for you.

Holly said...

Congrats to you both! I am a little slow at getting around to seeing everyone. She is perfect! You guys must be so happy....and maybe a little tired :)

Love you.